SUV transporting gas grill explodes after woman lights cigarette; 2 injured

ORLANDO, Fla. — A Florida couple is recovering from burn injuries they sustained after their rental SUV exploded when the woman lit a cigarette.

The grill was turned on and the propane tank was open and connected, Orlando Police Lt. Cindy Lane told The Orlando Sentinel.

Police said the woman lit a cigarette and the car exploded. Both sustained non-life threatening burn injuries.

Photos show the roof partially blown off and the windshield missing, in addition to dents all over the car.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s