Barking dog alerts neighbors of house fire in Colorado Springs

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — A barking dog alerted neighbors to call 911 during a house fire in Colorado Springs early Sunday.

According to officials, the fire was reported at a home located at 2516 W. Kiowa Street. The home was unoccupied at the time.

Fire crews were able to locate and extinguish the fire, which they say started in the concealed space in the subfloor area between the basement and main level of the home.

Officials say the cause of the fire is accidental due to an electrical event involving residential wiring.

There was minimal fire damage to the home, according to fire officials.

CSFD and the National Fire Protection Agency are reminding homeowners to make sure all electrical work is performed by a qualified licensed and insured electrician.

>> For more information on electrical safety, click here.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s