Doherty High School closed Thursday due to incident causing heavy smoke in building

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Doherty High School is closed Thursday after an art room mishap caused heavy smoke in the building overnight.

District officials said a kiln was left on, causing a piece of wood to smolder. There was no damage to the building, but because of ventilation issues, the school is closed for the day. The district made the announcement around 8 a.m.

District officials said students “will be dismissed in an orderly fashion.” Bused students will be picked up and taken home.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s