Colorado Springs home destroyed by generator fire

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Investigators believe a generator is to blame for an overnight fire that destroyed a Colorado Springs home.

The fire started around 1 a.m. Saturday in the 6900-block of Blackhawk Place near Rockrimmon Boulevard and Delmonico Drive.

Colorado Springs firefighters were on the scene within five minutes and more than 50 firefighters responded, but they were still unable to save the home.

All three residents were able to get out and no injuries were reported. However, one dog is missing.

Fire investigators have ruled the fire as accidental, and say a generator caught fire in a room where gasoline and paints were stored.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s