Hash oil explosion injures two, causes major damage to Pueblo home

A hash oil explosion burned the ceilings of a Pueblo home Tuesday night. / Pueblo Police Department
A hash oil explosion burned the ceilings of a Pueblo home Tuesday night. / Pueblo Police Department

PUEBLO, Colo. — A hash oil explosion burned two people and caused major damage to a Pueblo home Tuesday evening, according to police.

Police said it happened around 7:20 p.m. at a home on Grissom Street. The residents were trying to make marijuana concentrate through hash oil extraction methods, according to police. During the process, the home filled with a butane gas that was then unknowingly ignited. The explosion immediately melted window blinds and blackened and burned the ceilings of the home.

The two residents drove themselves to the hospital, where they were treated for second-degree burns to their face and arms.

Police said they confiscated hash oil extraction equipment from the home, and the residents could be facing felony charges.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s