Carbon monoxide suspected in hunter’s death

Moffat County authorities say one hunter has died and two have been taken to a hospital in a suspected case of carbon monoxide poisoning in northwestern Colorado.

Moffat County Sheriff’s Lt. KC Hume says investigators believe the men were using a heater inside a tent after temperatures on Sunday dropped below zero.

Hume identified the dead hunter as 78-year-old Lonnie Anderegg. The injured included 53-year-old Lonnie Anderegg Jr., and 53-year-old Jack Humphrey. Hume said all three were from southern California, but their hometowns were not available.

The hunters were camping a mile north of Meeker, about 150 miles west of Denver.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s