Fire displaces 6 in NE Colorado Springs

Six people are now displaced after a fire tore through their home late Monday evening, according to the Colorado Springs Fire Department. 

The fire was first reported at about 8 p.m., at a home in the 6100 block of Desoto Drive. That’s in northeast Colorado Springs near the intersection of Powers Boulevard and Barnes Road.

Police said the fire was initially located in the attic space but eventually caused the chimney to become unstable.

A total of three adults, three children and their animals were displaced. The Pikes Peak Red Cross responded to help the family.

No injuries were reported.

Investigation into how the fire started is ongoing.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s